2. How does iDEAL work?
iDEAL is a typical webbanking payment method with redirection from our hosted payment page straight to the issuing bank's page. That way, the customer doesn't pass any account information on to Ingenico ePayments.
All iDEAL transactions must be authenticated at the issuer with either:
- A card reader (primarily)
- A smartphone or tablet application that reads QR codes on the page
- A token that generates a code
iDEAL can therefore be considered a "guaranteed" payment method; No authentication means no transaction. Consequently iDEAL transactions do not require our Fraud detection module.
Also the following options and features are not supported:
- New payments via server-to-server requests (DirectLink)
- New payments via batch files (Fichero de Lote)
- Manual input of new payments (e-Terminal)
- Recurring payments (alias/token management, subscriptions etc.)