3.1 Ingenico ePayments back office
Login to your Ingenico ePayments back office to enter the following settings.
3.1.1 Payment methods
Depending on the Ingenico ePayments subscription you have selected it might be necessary to activate additional mandatory options in your Ingenico ePayments account.
These options are:
Please check if these options are activated by default. If this is not the case please contact our Sales team for activation.
The Magento ® Ingenico ePayments extension offered by Ingenico ePayments might not work in conjunction with other extensions. To avoid malfunction we recommend to disable any other additional extension in Magento ®.
3.1.2 User management
The shop needs a separate API-User to communicate with Ingenico ePayments.
Create the API-User:
- Go to "Configuration > Users".
- Select "New User".
- Select a USERID (for example APIUSER).
- Fill in the name and an existing email address (the field "External USERID" can be left empty).
- Select the profile "Administrator".
- Select the Access Type "API only".
- Write down the USERID and the password which you have created.
Note: the USERID and the password may not contain any special characters.
3.1.3 Technical information
Configure the technical information in the Ingenico ePayments back office:
- Go to "Configuration > Technical Information > Global Transactionparameters".
- In the "Default operation code" section; select "Sale" or "Authorisation".
- In the "Payment retry" section; change the value if you want to.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Select the "Global security parameters" tab.
- In the "Hashing method" section; select "SHA-1" for "Hash algorithm" and "UTF-8" for "Character encoding".
- Click the "Save" button.
- Select the "Data and origin verification" tab.
- In both the "Checks for e-Commerce & Alias Gateway" and "Checks for Ingenico ePayments DirectLink and Ingenico ePayments Batch (Automatic)" sections; fill in the "SHA-IN pass phrase". Both keys have to be alphanumeric only and both keys must have the same value.
- Select the "Transaction feedback" tab.
- In the "e-Commerce" section in the "HTTP redirection in the browser" subsection; select "I would like to receive transaction feedback parameters on the redirection URLs" and deselect "I would like Ingenico ePayments to display a short text to the customer on the secure payment page if a redirection to my website is detected ...".
- In the "e-Commerce" section in the "Direct HTTP server-to-server request" subsection ...
- Select "Online but switch to a deferred request when the online requests fail"
- Fill in the value "YOUR_SHOP_URL/ops/api/postBack" in both fields for "URL of the merchant's post-payment page".
- Select "POST" as "Request method".
- In the "e-Commerce" section in the "Dynamic e-Commerce parameters" subsection; select all available parameters except "ECOM_BILLTO" and "ECOM_SHIPTO" since these can easily result in transmission errors.
- In the "All transaction submission modes" section; fill in the "SHA-OUT pass phrase". The SHA-OUT pass phrase must be identical to the previously entered
SHA-IN pass phrase.
- In the "HTTP request for status changes"; select "For each offline status change (payment, cancellation, etc.)." and fill in the value "YOUR_SHOP_URL/ops/api/directLinkPostBack".
- Click the "Save" button.
- Select the "Transaction e-mails" tab.
- In the "E-mails to the merchant" section; perform the following optional actions ...
- Fill in you email address.
- Select "Yes, for all transaction submission modes."
- Select "Yes, for each offline status change (payment, cancellation, etc.)."
- Select the "Test info" tab.
- In the "Test info" section; select "I would like to simulate transaction results based on the card number.".
3.2 Magento ®
3.2.1 Payment services
Perform the following steps after the installation of the extension:
- Log on to your Magento ® back office.
- Go to "System > Configuration > Sales > Payment services". The option “Ingenico ePayments Account” will be available.
- Select the option and fill in the following information:
||Fill in the PSPID of your Ingenico ePayments account.
|SHA-IN Pass phrase
||Fill in the SHA-IN passphrase that you have setup in your Ingenico ePayments back office at "Technical information > Data and origin verification".
|SHA-OUT Pass phrase
||Fill in the SHA-OUT passphrase that you have setup in your Ingenico ePayments back office at "Technical information > Transaction feedback".
||Choose the Ingenico ePayments environment which you want to connect with: Test or Production.
Alternatively, you can select the "Custom" option, which allows you to fill out a URL of your own choice.
|API User / API Password
||Fill in the API details that you have created in your Ingenico ePayments back office.
||When you select Magento ® - Interal shop template, the payment page will be in the same layout as your shop. When you select one of the Ingenico ePayments options, all the fields that follow with reference to the Ingenico ePayments template are then mandatory to fill in.
- Ingenico ePayments - Dynamic template: The customer is redirected to the Ingenico ePayments payment page. The look and feel of that page is defined by a dynamically loaded template file which can be defined with the "Template Identifier/URL" directly below.
- Ingenico ePayments - iFrame mode: The customer has to enter the payment details on a page in your shop that hosts the Ingenico ePayments payment page in an iFrame. You can configure the style parameters directly below.
- Ingenico ePayments - Redirect mode: The customer is redirected to Ingenico ePayments to enter his payment details. You can configure the style parameters directly below.
- Magento ® - Internal shop template: The customer is redirected to the Ingenico ePayments payment page with the look and feel of your shop. The URL of the template used is displayed directly below.
|Order reference in case of
redirect (or inline) payments
|With this option can be specified if the Orders increment ID or the Quote ID should be transferred as a payment reference for the orders to Ingenico ePayments. The Order ID is the number in format 100000001, which is listed in the backend order grid in column "Order #". In case the "Order ID" is selected this number will be transferred during the payment process to Ingenico ePayments.
Because of compatibility reasons a hash sign is added before the Order (increment) ID. If "Quote ID" is selected this number will be transferred to Ingenico ePayments. The Quote ID is also the only mode for all inline payment methods like credit card (if activated), direct debit and Kwixo.
|Show Quote ID in the order
|If activated the Quote ID will be added as a column in the backend order grid.
|Enables the tracking of the customer for fraud detection purposes
|Submit extra parameters
|If activated additional parameters are transmitted to Ingenico ePayments in order to make use of fraud detection or the Paypal Seller protection.
|Resend payment information identity / template
||You can send an email to your customers if their payment has failed at Ingenico ePayments (status 0 or 2). The mail contains a link to the Ingenico ePayments payment page, where the customer has the option to re-enter his payment details in order to recover the order.
- Resend payment information Identity: Select the contact by whom the email should be sent (linked to "Store Email Addresses")
- Resend payment information Template: Select the email template of your choice
||When this option is selected, all requests and answers from Ingenico ePayments will be checked. We recommend you to only activate this option when you are in test mode and not in production mode. The debug file is stored on the fileserver in /Var/Logs/ops.log
Note: At "System > Configuration > General > Web > URL options", we advise to disable the option "Add store code to URL's" since this can introduce incorrect behavior of the extension.
3.2.2 Payment methods
Configure your payment methods via System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
Note that you should only activate payment methods that are activated in your Ingenico ePayments back office via "Configuration > Payment methods > Selected payment methods".
You can configure the applicable countries for each payment types. For example: if the Netherlands is selected as the invoicing country for iDeal, it will not appear under a different invoicing country.
To activate and make further changes please contact our Customer Care department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2.3 Open invoice payment method
Enable the following additional settings at "System > Configuration > Customer Configuration > Name and address options":
- Display Birthday
- Display VAT number (only applicable for Open Invoice NL)
- Display Gender
Note: If you use Afterpay as acquirer on our side, it is not possible to perform partial captures with Open Invoice NL).
When you activate Open Invoice AT via Klarna, the following prerequisites should apply:
- The “Title” must be set to “Kauf auf Rechnung - zahlen in 14 Tagen”.
- The logo must be uploaded and made available on https://developers.klarna.com/en/at+php/kpm/logos.
- The data encoding must be set to “other” as the current integration does not support UTF-8 encoding.
- The “Invoice terms title” must be set to “Rechnungsbedingungen”.
- The “Invoice terms url” must be set to https://cdn.klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/terms/123/de_at/invoice?fee=0#
- A partial capture or partial refund via Magento is not possible. These actions can only be executed via the Ingenico ePayments Back-Office.
- Magento should not send invoice on capture/refund to the consumers, Klarna will send the invoice. During the capture/refund, the setting “Email Copy of Invoice” should be unchecked.
3.2.4 Intersolve payment method
You can add several brands, which are related to specific Ingenico ePayments payment methods.
These brands have to be configured in advance in the Ingenico ePayments back office before they can be used in your shop. You can assign a customised "Title" to each "Brand" which is shown to the customer at the checkout page.
3.2.5 Credit card with Alias Manager payment method
The Alias Manager refers to the Ingenico ePayments Alias Manager.
|Enabled Alias Manager
||If enabled your customer has the option to save his credit card payment information and to reuse the saved information for future payments. This information can only be saved for cards that support online payments.
|Show Alias Manager information for guests
||If enabled a hint informs your guest customers about the advantages of saving credit card details, since this is only available to customers who are logged in.
|For a correct usage of this feature, you need to execute periodically the cron.php which is located in the Magento ®'s root directory. On a Unix or Linux based System you have to add one of the following entries to your crontab:
*/5 * * * * /bin/sh /absolute/path/to/magento/cron.sh
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /bin/sh /absolute/path/to/magento/cron.sh
For further details on the usage, go to Credit card with Alias Manager.
3.2.6 Paypal with seller protection payment method
Configure the following settings:
|Configuration > General > State options > State is required for
||Select the countries for which the state is mandatory according to the requirements of the Paypal's seller protection.
|Configuration > Payment Services > Ingenico ePayments account > Submit extra parameters
||Set to 'Yes' to transmit the necessary parameters to Ingenico ePayments.
3.2.7 Device fingerprinting
This feature allows the extension to fingerprint customer devices for Ingenico ePayments to collect and hash data (such as screen resolution, user agent, etc.) into a key. There are legal caveats in some European countries thus customers should be consented on the collection of these data.
The device fingerprinting can be activated/disable per transaction. This is indicated by a special parameter for e-Commerce transactions. For DirectLink transactions, information will have to be collected by tracking pixels on the site.
(js/netresearch/ops/deviceFingerprinting.js) to other parts of the shop to have access to the
functions described below. This can be done via the following code:
consentHandler.toggleConsent( consent , callback );
Consent: Boolean and the target state of consent that should be saved in the customer session.
Callback: An optional function that should get called with the saved consent after it has
The consent handler also has a function of retrieving the current consent status via
As with the other function the callback will be called with the result of the request (the current state of consent).
Integration via custom call to provided Controller
Consent can also be indicated by calling a controller directly on the following url:
The parameter "consent" is expected for the request. It will get casted to boolean and saved to
the customer's session. As response of the current consent state as JSON will be for example:
A current state of consent can be viewed here: http://www.yourshop.tld/ops/device/consent