5. Module usage-PrestaShop Front-office
A new tab “My Payment Means” is available in the “My account” section when the alias usage is activated.
When alias is created, it appears in this section.
Alias can be created directly in the payment section or in the “My payment means” section and deleted by clicking on the trash icon in the upper-left corner. They cannot be edited.
If there is an error, it is displayed in a red box and redirection will not happen, giving the user an opportunity to transfer error messages to merchants.
Alias names are generated in semi-random manner, having format <number>_<hex digits>, when number corresponds to PrestaShop’s client internal id.
Aliases are stored in the database and alias name is encrypted (using native PrestaShop encryption).
Payment choice page
All payment methods are displayed in the following order:
- Existing user aliases (if the payment confirmation is deactivated, “Immediate payment” is displayed)
- FlexCheckout iframe(s)
- Pre-defined payment means
- Fallback payment (redirects to generic e-commerce interface where users can choose from any available payment means)
If alias is saved, it will be visible on your payment choice page (with the exception of payments created on the payment selection page when “Do not store alias” is checked). If “Skip confirmation” is not checked, the confirmation step will be displayed after choosing the alias payment:
If “Skip confirmation” is checked, there is no confirmation step. “Immediate payment” is displayed within the payment mean box on the payment selection page.
Adding alias on payment page
FlexCheckout is embedded on the payment selection page, permitting creation of the alias without going to a dedicated section of “My account”. Two possible actions will be in place after the creation of the alias (via FlexCheckout) :
- If “Make immediate payment” is checked, the alias payment is executed directly after alias creation (displaying confirmation step or making direct payment, depending on the “Skip confirmation” option).
- If “Make immediate payment” is NOT checked, the payment page is reloaded presenting the user an option to use newly created alias.
If “Do not store alias” is selected, temporary aliases are displayed only on the payment selection page for the next two hours.
When using 3-D secure with alias is activated, the 3-D secure is launched at the end of the process (after the confirmation step). The 3-D secure can either be displayed in the main window or in a pop-up window.